- "It is impossible when we eat two or three meals each day not to have residue accumulating in the colon... A diet that includes processed, fried, overcooked foods, devitalized starches, excessive sugar and salt leaves a coating on the inner walls of the colon like plaster on a wall...The colon may be likened to the sewage system of the body. Nature's laws of preservation and hygiene require and insist that this sewage system be cleansed regularly." — Dr. Norman Walker, Phd.
- Each day, the colon processes approximately 2.5 gallons of food, liquids, and internal secretions.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services estimates more than 90% of Americans have clogged and unhealthy colons.
- The average American carries 10 - 15 pounds of impacted waste in the colon.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, 1 in 17 people in the U.S. will develop colon cancer.
- The health and vitality of the immune system is closely tied to the health and vitality of the colon. Experts estimate that over 70% of our immune response is based in the Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissue (GALT).
- Most pharmaceutical drugs list constipation as a major side effect. That is, they dehydrate the body and clog the colon (and in turn weaken the immune system).
Colonics: FAQ | Colonics: Fact Sheet | Colonics: Contraindications | Colonics: How to Prepare | Colonics: What to Expect