Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 16

Yesterday was a rough day…tired, feeling down and heavy on my period, and further saddened by the tragedy in Boston.

It was very difficult getting to sleep again as well. And my night’s rest was broken and not very restful at all. I am feeling a lot of anxiety the last few days.

But the sun is shining this morning and it should be a beautiful day.

I’ve already had breakfast. Today I started with my smoothie, and I’m looking forward to yoga later.

And getting through the day unscathed.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Days 11-15

For the most part, I’ve been staying on track with this new system: protein-filled breakfast and eating a little protein at most meals. Still, the most challenging part is social drinking. Although I’ve been able to keep my sugar intake low and I’ve been slowly adding more of the fermented foods, the alcohol has been really tough to give up this time.

I’m still working at it, however, hoping that this will be the week I can just say, “No thanks”. I also realize that writing every day is really helpful to remaining accountable to myself. I’m going to have to stay more committed to supporting myself in that manner.

Last night was a tough one. I couldn’t sleep. Something was really nagging at me. I lay in bed from 11pm until 2:30am trying to deep breathe myself to sleep. My brain didn’t want to shut down. I’m groggy and cranky this morning.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 10

Today started off fantastically! I slept well with no sleep aids and promptly took a humongous poo, leaving me feeling like superwoma

This morning, I rode my bike from meeting to meeting (including my son’s bookfair at school) loving the gorgeous day, sharing the happy energies of all the people I encountered throughout the day.

I am figuring out this eating thing too, with the protein. Yesterday worked really well for me especially since I exercised in the afternoon, which I do on several days. I realize that when I start with my smoothie, I’m left hungry right before my workout, which just doesn’t work for obvious reasons. If I don’t eat, I’m weak and if I do, I’m full in the belly. So now I am eating more of a breakfast and leaving my smoothie for later in the afternoon or an hour before my workout.

This morning I met a friend at Mud to go over a few things and get my morning chow down on. I had the LOVE salad with an egg on top. It was perfect. And it held me over nicely until my 1pm yoga class.

Then I had my smoothie and later ate some avocado and fermented veggies.

A perfect day.

Until dinner…outside at the corner bistro with ALL our friends. Everyone happy, chatting, eating, kids scooting around. We haven’t done this since early fall and we’ve been jonsing to reconvene for many months. Of course, the bottles of wine were opened and drinks were served and passed around.

I indulged on one frozen margarita. Probably the worst of the options, but out in the heat of the sun, in the moment, I did it.

Tomorrow morning I will repent for my sins at spin.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 9

So today I tried something new. I said I am going to have a little bit of meat with every meal. And so it was.

I woke up and instead of starting with my Kefir smoothie, I started with 2 slices of turkey wrapped around some avocado. It was physically satisfying. That was around 7:30am.

I made my smoothie to go and drank it at 11:30. The turkey and avocado got me through those first 4 hours easily. I had a spin class at 1pm so the timing of the smoothie was perfect, not too heavy with enough time to digest before spinning.

By the time spin was over I was starving. I went to Chipotle to pick up a salad bowl to bring back to work with me. Oddly, they were closed but would be opening in 30 minutes. So I went back to work and ate about ½ cup of fermented veggies. Then I walked back to Chipotle for my salad!

I got a lot of extra lettuce. Some of the juice from the black beans, but not the black beans themselves. Tomatoes, guacamole, and their free-range chicken. And then more lettuce on top! They are always a little chincy with their lettuce. I laughed at the thought of how generous they are with their chicken, but not with their lettuce! I bought some extra lettuce on my way back and added it to my salad as I prepare to feast.

By this point it is 3pm and I am more than ready to get my chow on! The salad takes me about an hour to eat as I am working on emails as I chew…and chew.…and chew. I take my time, knowing there is no rush and I savor every bite of this carefully thought out and long-awaited meal.

When I am finished I am fully satisfied. It is the perfect place of satisfaction without the sensation of fullness. I feel great! And although I am usually struggling for something sweet to finish off the tangy, savory flavors of my typical meals, I am not craving sweet for whatever reason today. I am set.

My lunch takes me through until dinner. Although I said I would have meat at every meal, I realize I am not that hungry by dinner so I just have a small amount of the kale that I prepared for my family. Afterwards, I had a bowl of coco yo with berries and a few nuts. The coco yo is a coconut pudding sweetened with stevia. It’s full of all sorts of healthy little creatures (bacterias).

The day is done. The kitchen is closed and I feel great on this first real day of spring.

Yay for all of us. We have finally arrived!

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Days 7 & 8

The weekend was intense. Saturday we were out of the house by 8am and didn’t make it back home until 11 at night. I had a good night’s sleep Friday night and a great workout in the morning. Then, I was out with the kids all day. We went to a birthday party and I brought my own salad (they actually served salad in addition to the other usual junk, which was a bonus!). I stayed away from the pizza and cake. In the evening we went to the Barclays Center to see “our boys” play b-ball (we are huge Nets fans!) and we all indulged in some popcorn. It was a good day!

Sunday was tougher. We all slept in bed together after the game, which usually works well, but my body is still adjusting to not using sleep aids and I am much more sensitive to the kids rolling around throughout the night. I recently got a king sized bed instead of the queen I had so that the 3 of us could snuggle up together on special occasions and sleep together. But this night was rough as I was so sensitive and couldn’t really sleep. I got maybe 2 hours of broken sleep.

Tired and a little bit cranky, I got the kids out of the house to drop them off at SanaVita so I could take my spin class. But, there was a glitch with the timing so I didn’t wind up making it to class. When I’m exhausted like that, I find that exercise, if I can force myself to get through it, will re-energize me for the day. But when I’m that tired, I feel like I am hung-over and it is difficult to overcome the exhaustion.

My diet was still pretty good, except for a few too many pinto chips. I can feel myself craving the salty snacks (even healthy ones like popcorn and pinto chips) as I am in my PMS stage when my menstrual cycle is coming to a close.

I was struggling to get through the day and it was only 3pm. We were hosting a play date at our house…still 5 hours ahead of me and already SO ready for bed.

Then another friend came over for a play date and brought our whole crew with her as a surprise. Next thing we knew our play date turned into a HUGE party. Well, huge for our standards: 6 kids, 8 grownups. Then the drinks came out. Some of our guests wanted to drink screwdrivers but I don’t keep OJ in the house. I do have a lot of pink grapefruits so I juiced up a big batch of grapefruit juice and we made screwdrivers. I had one with lots of ice and nursed over many hours, adding more grapefruit juice, ice and water as I sipped on my drink. We ordered pizza for dinner for the kids. I had already eaten at our late picnic lunch earlier in the day so I was safe there.

I am still amazed at how quickly things can change. I wonder if I had made it to the spin class if I would have been more easily able to resist the drink? Or if I wasn’t so tired? Or how much the one drink really matters in the end. I am still learning humility in observing and being present throughout the process, rather than focusing on perfection.

I am feeling much better today. The weather certainly is a big factor! Starting my 2nd week on the cleanse now and ready to take it up a notch. I am also emotionally recovering from my setback with my feelings over my ex from last week. Just that little thing really triggered me and set me back. But with time, just a few days, it starts to fade to the backdrop…thankfully.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 6

I feel like I am in limbo today…still recovering from being shaken off track. It’s the 2nd day in a row without exercise and I have absolutely no motivation for it.

My diet is wavering as well. I’m still eating healthy, but allowing niblets of foods that are not on my path to find their way into my mouth, my body, my gut. Allowing the unhealthy eco system that already exists within to grow larger and stronger.

Today is a day I am not “living”. I am surviving. Try to see it through to the end. Focused on starting a new fresher slate tomorrow.

I am signed up for spin class early tomorrow. Then, I will be spending the day with my kids and will be taking them to the Nets game at Barclays Center in the evening. It’s gonna be a long day. I hope I crawl my way out of this funk.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 5

Funny how quickly things can change. These moments of getting “triggered” can linger and all of a sudden your mojo gets lost and you find yourself off track.

Yesterday (I’m writing this the morning after) was another day of surprises. It’s been like that all week. Something unexpected came up at my kids school throwing off my neatly-planned schedule, then our afternoon receptionist had an emergency and couldn’t make it in and I found myself behind the desk at SanaVita multi-tasking and wearing several different hats at once, just like the old days. On the phone with the nanny, greeting and checking clients out, accepting deliveries, answering emails, trying to complete other tasks and meetings I had via phone. It wasn’t a bad thing at all. I actually enjoyed having the time and space to connect with clients coming in and out, something I’ve always loved and wish I have more time for. So that was actually a gift.

But it was intense. And although my eating was still on track, in the middle of it all I grabbed a cookie.

And then after work, I took my kids on a play date and accepted another glass of wine.

And I sit and observe the sequence of events and understand how easy it is to fall off track when life gets crazy.

But again, it’s all part of the process.

Today my son stayed home from school. His legs hurt. I told him he is probably having growing pains. When he grows everything stretches out longer and it can hurt. I told him I understood. Mama is having growing pains today too.

So we are home today resting together. Supporting each another through the process of growth.

And being gentle with ourselves as we grow and learn.

It’s my first week and I am challenged as I ease into this cleanse. I will get there.

It’s all part of the process.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 4

Today started out really nicely. I had a great day planned. First I had a colonic (I did, btw, finally have a good BM this morning, but decided to top it off with a colonic, which ended up being VERY productive), spin, a quick meeting, then pole class. Then I picked up my kids from school and spent the rest of the day with them. I was looking forward to each part of this day! Although I really needed a little break from burning it at all ends, I’ve missed having my babies at home and was looking forward to getting back to our regular little routine.

I was particularly looking forward to pole class as well. I missed the last 2 weeks as I have been nursing a back injury that kept getting triggered. It was hard to tell if it was the spin or the pole or the yoga or all of it. I’ve been getting a lot of therapeutic massage and acupuncture in the last 2 weeks and took a little break from the pole and my back was feeling much better. I was feeling incredibly good AND sexy, especially after spin class and all the “releasing” I did this morning! Also, we had an assignment for class: we had to get dressed up, old-school gangsta style, like The Sopranos or The Godfather, but the sexy female version. I had picked a great song (Woke Up This Morning, Alabama 3) and a great outfit (including my son’s toy gun as a prop) and felt super ready to get down and dirty in dance class.

And so I had a great day. I made my smoothie to-go before running out and grabbed a loaded salad for later in the afternoon so I was well prepared nutritionally. I was feeling great.

But, I wasn’t prepared for what would actually happen at dance class. I went through the motions, I did the 2-hour workout, I climbed the pole and did all my fancy tricks flawlessly and I danced my dance. But NONE of it felt authentic. For some reason I wasn’t able to connect. I was blocked. Even though I felt hot and was totally prepared, nothing was coming naturally. And although I didn’t realize it until much later in the day, it made me feel really, really sad.

That sadness sat heavily on me all day. I couldn’t shake it and couldn’t understand it either. I thought maybe I’m over the dance class. Maybe it isn’t me but it’s this, that or the other thing.

Then after the kids’ soccer class I took them out to eat dinner at their favorite spot. Even though I was full from my late salad lunch, I ordered a glass of red wine. Something to ease the rough edges surrounding my aura. And I listened to the conversation as if I were a third person. “You shouldn’t. You MUSTN’T! You are on a cleanse! How DARE YOU” And the counterargument, “Fuck it. Who the fuck really cares anyway? What’s the big deal ??”

And while I vaguely listened to this conversation and helped my kids with their dinner (they still like me to help feed them at times) and helped them with their homework, I suddenly remembered something that was so significant, yet somehow I had completely brushed it away as though it hadn’t ever happened.

Last night I went to meet a friend for dinner over on 9th Avenue and when I got out of the taxi, I looked up and saw Gotham Pizza. I suddenly thought I was in the wrong place. I KNOW this place. This corner. This is SO FAMILIAR. Like I’ve been here at least a hundred and seven times before if not two hundred and seven times. I looked up at the cross street to confirm I was indeed on 9th Avenue downtown and not uptown on 1st Avenue. The same exact Gotham Pizzeria stands on the corner of my ex-boyfriend’s apartment. I’ve stepped out of a taxi with the same backdrop for nearly 2 years of my life. And suddenly, I had a pit in the bottom of my stomach and for a moment thought I may vomit. Without thinking, I took a picture and sent it to him in an email. (Thankfully, I deleted his number a while ago, but sadly, even the computer expert couldn’t find a way to permanently delete his email address from my phone’s memory. If only someone could delete the precious memories I hold onto in my heart). I gave him a brief description of what had just occurred and that although it’s been a year, it’s still hard.

And then, I stuffed it away and made very pleasant conversation over dinner. I went home, got into bed and when I woke up, set out on my very bright, shinny and jam-packed day, barely giving it a second thought.

Until the wine.

And then it all clicked. I am disconnected from the pain that I constantly try to ignore with my things, my kids, my classes and SanaVita. All of it.

So I drank the wine. It was two for one, so I had my glass filled again, but only took a few sips of the second glass. Because now I have greater clarity. I will never heal from a broken heart or a constipated colon or parasites, yeast or bacterias in my gut until I am willing to heal completely. Which means going thru the process. The uncomfortable parts are even more important. And that’s what cleansing is. It is a process that cannot be gone over or under or around. The only way through it is through it. And it isn’t always pretty and it’s certainly not perfect.

God bless the glass of wine.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 3

I didn’t sleep well last night at all and I’m really feeling it. My diet has been pretty consistent. My coconut Kefir smoothie in the morning, salad for lunch, more salad for dinner or fermented veggies with avocado. The bubbling in my belly has begun again, but as I am moving slower into this body ecology way of life, it isn’t as bloated and painful as it was that last time I was on day 2 and hurting!

I do think that the gas that I’m feeling though is blocking my normal bowl movements. I’m feeling constipated even though I’ve been having so much raw salad and staying well hydrated. I can feel it in the heaviness in my stomach and the slightly off taste in my mouth. It’s the kind of taste that lingers—flossing and brushing doesn’t make it go away. I hate that feeling. It reminds me of my 20’s when I was constipated all the time. I rarely feel like this anymore. It’s humbling to be reminded.

No exercise for me today either. I’m too tired. I haven’t slept well the last 2 nights. My body is readjusting to the cleanse and not relying on any sleep aids other than melatonin and my eye mask.

If I’m not feeling much better by tomorrow morning, I will squeeze in a colonic before my spin class.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 2

WOW! Day 2 was a doozy! I woke up around 7:30 this morning without any kids to tend to or spin classes to race out the door for or clients waiting for me at SanaVita. My first meeting was a phone conference at 10am and so I did something I rarely do. I stood still. I took my time. I listened to my morning meditation in bed. And then I did something I have wanted to try that my friend, work partner and practitioner, Gabe told me about: oil pulling.

A tablespoon of oil—any oil, traditionally sesame oil (which I had handy!) —in the mouth and swish. First thing. Before anything else. Usually, the first thing I do when I wake up is drink my chlorophyll, but oil pulling took its place, moving it to 2nd place. For 20 minutes! Normally this would be a challenging feat for me. No speaking for 20 minutes while getting 2 kiddies ready for school would be more than challenging actually. Clark Kent meets Superman is more like it. But this morning I had the opportunity, so I went for it.

The oil, by the way, is supposed to pull the toxins that get released from the blood during sleep to the surface, out through the teeth and then you spit. Never swallow. We are talking oil-pulling toxins here!

So, 10 minutes into the swishing process my phone starts blowing up. So much drama all of a sudden. I won’t go into the details, but after 5 minutes of trying to handle the situation via text, I spit out the oil and made a call. (At least I got 15 mins in. I can’t imagine how I’d do it on a daily basis with the kids, but you never know.) There was an emergency and I was called to duty. I needed to be on site in 20 mins. I’m still in my undies, my whole morning routine ahead of me and now I have to get somewhere in 20. The ONLY way it’s possible is by riding my new bicycle, Lavarose at lightning speed. I picked her up on Saturday and she rides like a dream.

I get out the door and have about 7 minutes to spare, just enough time to get to SanaVita. And guess what? Both elevators are out of service. I have my bike with me because our basement is still quarantined since Sandy and Lavarose has to live in the apartment. I live on the 14th floor and will never make it without my bike. This is how my day turned.

I won’t get into all the other details, but it was a day of surprises and challenges and after each “episode” I was able to reset my button to 0 and not harbor the negative emotional state I’d find myself in after each demonic tornado hit. But then I’d be tested again. After a long day, I’ve finally arrived home.

I stuck with my eating plan. Kefir smoothie for breakfast. Salmon burger sans the bun with salad for lunch. Small kale salad for dinner.

All in all, it was intense, but a good Day 2!

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 1 (take 2)

If at first you don’t succeed, don’t lie down and die. Get back on the horse and begin again.

I had a plan…to start my spring cleanse on the first day of spring. But I didn’t foresee the reality of having a break from being a full-time mommy (my kids are with their dad for the holiday) and that it was a perfect time to catch up socially—friends, dates, being out there and living life—which, in this city, often includes cocktails and meals…

Soooo yesterday I began again. And I feel great about it! That’s the thing about cleansing. Or any intended plan. If you set your intention and it doesn’t pan out exactly as you had hoped, be malleable and try again, with love for yourself. No self-abuse necessary.

Today is Easter and although I am Jewish by birth, I have always been connected with the energies of holy days from different spiritual faiths. TODAY is the day of resurrection!! What does that mean exactly?

1. The act of rising from the dead or returning to life. YES!

2. The state of one who has returned to life. YES, YES!!

3. The act of bringing back to practice, notice, or use. Revival. YES, YES, YES!!!


I am with you, Jesus. I am returning again to my practice.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Days 2-7

The first week down. I’m trying something new in my life that I have never quite conquered: baby steps. Taking things slower. I’ve always been an all or nothing girl…diving deep headfirst into everything I set my big eyes on. Although I’ve seen many goals through to completion or at least to a place of satisfaction, I’ve also burned out quickly on many things. So my new focus for this cleanse is to take it a bit more gradually.

The second day I did what was typical of myself and I dove straight in…eating PLENTY of fermented veggies throughout the day and cutting out sugar completely. By that evening I had such extreme stomach cramps and bloating I was huddled on my couch in the fetal position wondering how I was going to get back up and out of the house. I realized it was just too much too soon and decided to slow down the process.

So, this week I’ve been focusing on cutting back on the things I will ultimately eliminate completely for this cleanse and adding in smaller quantities of the fermented foods, kefir, sea veggies, etc. It’s been going quite well. Although I’ve had some sugar in healthy forms and in small quantities, my sugar intake dropped tremendously this week. I have eaten small amounts of goat cheese, but no other dairy. I’ve stayed away from coffee. And I have mostly stayed away from alcohol, except for a few sporadic cocktails I sipped on at some events I had this week. My schedule has finally cleared and I don’t feel as though I’ll be in any situations in the near future where drinking seems prevalent. And, as I remember my experience last summer, once I got into the swing of not drinking, it really wasn’t an issue at all while being out and socializing. Finally, I am back on melatonin drops to help me sleep and I’m starting to get some decent nights of sleep in under my belt. I have been getting around 8 hours of sleep a night—it’s still interrupted, but I’m able to fall back to sleep with more ease.

This coming week I plan on tightening the belt further. I’ll be eliminating the rest of the bits of sugar I have had, except for berries basically. I’ll use Stevia when needed and I’ll be eliminating the rest of the dairy. I’ve already started experimenting with making my own dressings as white vinegar is not allowed on this plan. The idea of this methodology is to kill the existing yeast that is living off me. White vinegar and sugars feed that yeast instead of killing it. My intention is to perfect a dressing using apple cider vinegar, which has many benefits and does NOT feed yeast. By my third week, I’d like to bring this dressing out with me when going out to eat. But, I’m not quite there yet. Baby steps. So this week I will still enjoy sugar-free dressings while dining out!

After taking a step back on my 3rd day, I started to feel a lot better. Thankfully, the gassy, bloated feeling hasn’t been as much of an issue. I am prepared for some bumps along the way as I continue along this path. It’s called a “healing crises”. At times I may feel a little worse before I feel better. But it’s all part of the journey!

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.

Arul’s 77-Day Cleanse: Day 1

March 21, 2013. The first day of Spring is here! Although it feels like the drudges of winter still—the imminent change of seasons, of wardrobes, of moods, of transportation… It’s almost time to get back on that horse! Although my dear, sweet 13 year-old Thumbalina (my beloved bicycle) was killed in the wake of storm Sandy, I’ve got my eye on a new one. Change is hovering above us. Surely something spring-like is to come in a matter of just weeks now.

And so I ponder, in what way do I want to renew myself this spring? How do I want to feel? To look? To open my heart and raise my face to the sun? The winter here in NYC is tough, there’s no doubt about it. Between the flu (knocked me off my feet for 10 days, but I kicked its butt in the end without antibiotics!), vitamin D deficiency, increased stagnant lifestyle, extra eating, extra drinking, trying to pass the dreary days away with indoor activities for ourselves and our cooped up children. It’s no wonder I’m feeling in dire need of a tune up. A recalibrating. Set my dial back to zero.

So I’ve been gearing up, mentally, for a change. And, quite frankly — as you know, I like to be honest and share my truth with you — I ate and drank myself right up till midnight last night, knowing full well that today was a new start. An ice cream Sunday for lunch, a nice dinner with my family followed by some drinks with friends. And when the clock struck midnight I went home, took a shower and got into bed to get ready for the next season.

I woke up this morning and felt a little extra tired but otherwise surprisingly well and enthused for a new start. And it became very clear that what I need right now is not a quick 7-, 10- or 14- day juice cleanse. Nor do I need a repeat of last summer’s 37-day cleanse. This time around I want to go slower, longer and with greater retention power.

After my last cleanse what came to me is that I needed some animal protein in my diet. So I started reading more about the Paleo Diet, but the truth was I just couldn’t sustain being a meat eater. So I took some time off meat again and then was reading more about my blood type, “O” the universal donor. The meat eater of all meat eaters. But still, it just felt too overwhelming.

So I’m going to go slower. I am in the middle of reading The Body Ecology Diet now. Its focus is on regaining the correct balance of bacteria in the internal environment. It is big on kefer (coconut kefer specifically, which I have finally mastered making myself), kombucha, fermented enzyme-rich foods, sea veggies, some fish and animal protein if eaten correctly along with enzyme-rich veggies. The consumption of dairy, sugar, gluten, and alcohol is not permitted. I am dedicating myself to cleansing myself in this manner for the next 77 days, while learning more and experimenting along the way.

At some point in the middle, I imagine I will do at least a week of just keifer, smoothies, juices and kombucha (which I am also learning to make now!)

I look forward to journaling each day, with intent and presence and honesty. I hope you will join me. It’s easy (for me) to sign up for a juice cleanse for a week or so… but to commit to something for 77 days I realize is a big undertaking. It will take dedication, focus and discipline. Last night, at a talk he gave, a friend and colleague (yes, you Gabe) asked the question, “Why?” What is your “why” for change? For happiness? For a healthier life? WHY? Is it because you are sick? Is it because you are depressed? Is it because you are in an unhappy, unsatisfying or possibly even an abusive relationship and can’t find your way out? Is it because you are fighting for your life?? The hope, the goal, the objective is to figure out your “why” BEFORE you are at death’s door, BEFORE you realize you can’t remember the last time you smiled, you had a decent night’s sleep or you loved yourself when you looked in the mirror. I have some good night sleeps, but not enough. I love the way I look when I look in the mirror a lot of the time, but it could be more. I laugh a lot, but I still cry too. And after all this time…truth? Yes, my heart still hurts. Not as much, but the ache haunts me still.

I’m not going to wait until it’s already beautiful outside, bright and sunny, racing around on my new bicycle (still debating its gender and name with my kids) nor do I want to wait until I feel a little bit better or a little bit worse. My “why” starts today. Because I deserve it.

Arul Goldman is the Founder and Director of SanaVita.